From the Clients screen, you can list clients alphabetically. Filters are also available so that you can choose to list only clients who match certain criteria, such as all clients in a specific area. You can also combine filters and searches so that your list includes, for example, only clients in an area whose surname begins with "W" or where one of the key fields matches your search string.
Tip: Once you have narrowed down your list of clients you can – if you have connected your email via SMTP or connected via Google or Gmail – email clients from your list in bulk. So, for example, you could send an email to all clients for whom "James Smith" is the primary sitter to warn them of his upcoming holiday dates and arrangements in place to cover for this period.
Another quick and easy way to find the client you are looking for is to use the Search function. This enables you to enter some key information and the system will search in the following places to find a match:
- Client First Name
- Client Last Name
- Pet Name
- Client & Alternative Contact Email Addresses
- Landline or Mobile Phone Numbers
- Spouse / Alternative Contact (First Name and Last Name)
This is really powerful because if, for example, you can only remember the pet name or you only have a partial phone number, you can still type what you do know into Pet Sitter Plus and the likelihood is that it will show you the right result.
Note: It is recommended you enter 3 or more characters to get a more accurate search. If your pet had two or more names for example, you would enter them in quotation marks, eg. "Sid the Snake."
How do I find a Client using the Search function?
- From the Dashboard, click the "Hamburger" menu then tap the Clients icon.
- Tap "Search."
- Tap in the Search panel.
- Enter 3 or more characters and click the magnifying glass or 'Go' button.
- In this example, we have typed in the letters "Cas".
- Your search results are displayed in a list.
- This search has picked up a variety of instances where "cas" appears, such as the last name "Cassidy" and the pet's name "Casper." However, there are also other results which will have picked up other references to "cas," eg. in the alternate contact or another pet.
- To see the client's record, click on their Last/First Name from the list.
How do I find a Client using a phrase in the Search function?
You may know the particular phrase you want to search on so can enter it as a complete phrase.
Tip: It is recommended you enter 3 or more characters to get a more accurate search. If your pet had two or more names for example, you would enter them as a phrase in quotation marks, eg. "Sid the Snake".
- Click in the Search panel.
- Enter the phrase with quotation marks on either side, eg. "Alfie The Pug".
- Your search results will be displayed on some Android cellphones, but not on iPhones.
- If that's the case, then simply use one word to search.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article