There may be times when you cannot accept a request for service made through the client portal, so you want to decline those requests. More about Service Requests.
More About Service Requests
When clients use their Client Portal to request services online, they are not added to the live schedule until you review and approve the requests. The requests are added to the Service Requests Tab where you can view, edit, email and confirm services, then add them to the live Schedule. During the scheduling process, you can add Scheduling notes with details and communication.
Tip: Create a "Service Request - Declined" email template to use when declining a service request. After you email your client from the Service Requests page, delete their service request.
How Do I Create a "Service Request - Declined" Email Template?
Navigation: Admin > Supporting Data > Email Templates
- Click “+ New Email Template.”
- Enter a subject heading.
- Click “Add New Email Template.”
- Add email body for the "Service Request - Declined" email that you want to send to the client and/or the sitter.
- Sample Content is below (including Merge Codes).
Tip: You can copy/paste the content of the email below, including the merge codes:
We recently received a request for services from you and we have tried very hard to find an available and suitable pet sitter.
Unfortunately on this occasion we have not been successful and write to confirm that we are unable to fulfill your booking on this particular occasion.
- Click “Update.”
Navigation: Scheduler > Schedule > Service Requests
Next, send the email from the Service Requests tab.
- Select the requests to email the client and/or sitter by selecting the checkbox next to the service.
- Click "Email Service Requests."
- Toggle "Send to Client" ON, to email the client.
- Toggle "Send to Sitters" ON, to "BCC" all of the sitters on the email.
- Choose the "Service Request - Declined" email template.
- Click "Send."
Note: The "Sitters" are all the names that appear in the "Staff" column for the selected services.
Tip: This sample of the "Service Request - Declined" email is shown below.
Who receives the "Service Request - Declined" email?
- The email is sent to the client's email on file. If an alternative contact email is on file, and "copy emails to this address" is checked, then the email is sent to the alternative contact's email address.
- If you check "Send to Sitters" the email will be "BCC'd" to all sitters that appear in the "Staff" column in each selected Service Request.
- Company Admin email (in Admin > Settings > Company information) receives a copy.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article