Bulk Invoicing saves time by creating invoices for many different clients in bulk. When creating Bulk Invoices, you have 3 options:
1. Email newly created invoices to clients using an email template.
2. Take payment at the time of invoice creation and email the Invoice marked "Paid" to the client.
3. Create invoices, without emailing them to clients, making them available in the Client Portal or to be printed out and delivered by hand.
Tip: Use Invoice Types to group clients with the same Billing Cycle to be invoiced together using the same email template.
How Do I Create Invoices in Bulk?
Navigation: Invoicing > Bulk Invoicing
- Use Filters to select the appropriate Invoice Types and Areas, if applicable.
- Use the Date selector to select your appropriate billing cycle.
- Click the checkbox in the far left of the header to select "All," or select individual clients.
- To Create and Email Invoices: Click "Create Invoices (Email)."
- To only Create Invoices: Click "Create Invoices (No Email)."
WARNING: Do not navigate away from your screen while the invoices are being created. Once the process is finished, you will see a message displaying how many invoices were created, and the list of available orders from your selection will be empty.
Method for Creating Multiple Invoices for the same client:
If you have multiple invoices to create for one client, emailing the account summary with each invoice may be confusing as each email will contain a different version of the account summary.
To avoid this, first email all invoices except the most recent one WITHOUT including the account summary. When creating the final invoice, include the account summary so your client receives only one account summary with the overall amount outstanding.
Options When Creating an Invoice
- All Services: To invoice all items on the service order.
- Up to a Date: Select "Invoice Up To And Including" and choose the date, to invoice only items up to that date from a service order and leave the rest for a future invoice. For example, all walks for September are on one service order. You want to invoice the first two weeks, then invoice the rest later. This option allows you to do that, creating 2 separate invoices.
Automatic Payment Options:
- Take Payment if Applicable: When "ON," payment for the amount due is taken at time of invoice creation from clients with a card on file who have checked "Allow Automatic Payment" in their client portal (see below).
Note: To have the "Take Payment if Applicable" option available: "Enable Auto Billing" needs to be "ON" in Admin > Settings > Invoicing. If, for any reason, the card payment cannot be processed, eg: there are insufficient funds, the invoice will be created and listed on the Unpaid Invoices Report, but won't be emailed.
- Send Email To Client: When "ON," an email is sent to the Main Contact Email Address.
- Attach Account Summary PDF: When "ON," an Account Summary will be attached to the invoice.
Select the appropriate email template from the dropdown.
The default Email subject is "Invoice", but you can amend this. If you edit the subject here, the default subject will not be changed permanently. See Email Subject Settings.
The email you select is displayed. You can edit the text here - this will not affect the template itself.
Invoicing > Bulk Invoicing > Create Bulk Invoices (No Email)
- When ready click "Create Invoices (No Email)."
Creates invoices that are available in the Client Portal. If you opted to take payment, receipts are recorded and invoices are marked Paid. Invoice date is today and due date is set according to invoice type.
Invoicing > Bulk Invoicing > Create Bulk Invoices (Email)
- When ready click "Create Invoices."
The invoices, attached as a PDF, are emailed to clients (and to the Spouse / Alternative Contact and Emergency Contact 1 on the client records IF you entered an email address and checked "Copy Emails to this Address.") They are also available in the Client Portal. If you opted to take payment, the Receipts are recorded and invoices are marked Paid. Invoice date is today and due date is set according to invoice type.
Tip: Set your Default Bulk Invoicing email to the one you use most often: see change your settings for Email Templates.
Note: A copy of each invoice is sent to your admin email if you have toggled ON "Send Email to Client" AND "BCC All Direct Emails To Company" in Admin > Settings > Email Settings > Email Options.
Sample PDF Invoice:
Note: If you charge GST, "Tax Invoice" appears on your invoice instead of "Invoice" IF you have GST in "Tax Settings" in "Tax Label." If you DO NOT want "Tax Invoice" add a space after GST in "Tax Label."
Sample PDF Account Summary:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article