Bulk Invoicing allows you to create and email many invoices at once to multiple clients. This report lists all Service Orders that have not yet been invoiced and sent to clients for payment. Use the Bulk Invoicing Report to:
- Identify services that can be invoiced and optionally download a CSV of the list.
- Speed up billing by emailing invoices in bulk, with personalized, email templates.
- Create invoices and take credit card and ACH payments simultaneously.
- Create invoices without emailing (i.e. to print or have them accessible in the client portal.)
When you are ready to invoice your clients, we recommend you follow the instructions in Create Invoices for Multiple Clients (Bulk Invoicing.)
Tip: Bulk Invoicing is particularly useful if you have clients with different billing cycles. i.e. if you bill vacation clients before service begins and Bill Monthly clients at month's end. Run the report by "Invoice Type" and invoice each set of clients accordingly. Invoice Types are set at the client level, but you can set an invoice from a Monthly Client to bill as Vacation, when needed.
Note: It is good practice to show "All Dates" at least once a month to display all Service Orders that have not been invoiced. This identifies invoices that were missed if you accidentally skip a date.
How Do I View the Bulk Invoicing Report?
Navigation: Invoicing > Bulk Invoices
- To view "All Invoices" set the first dropdown to "All Invoice Types" or select a specific Invoice Type to view a subset of invoices, such as all monthly dog walking service orders.
- To view "All Areas" set the second dropdown to "All Areas" or select a Client Area to view a subset of invoices.
- Choose dates. Use quick report "Today," "This Week" or "This Month." Use "<" or ">" to page forward or back by the time span selected, i.e. if you click "This Week" then ">" goes to next week.
- OR select a date range by adding 'from' date in the first panel and 'to' date in the second panel.
- Click "Reload" to display Service Orders where "Service Start Date" is in the selected dates.
- Click "All Dates" to display All Service Orders for all dates.
Understanding Service Start Date
Bulk Invoicing Example:
You set your Bulk Invoicing date range from 09/01/2020 to 09/30/2020
A Service Order NOT included in the search results:
A service order containing services starting on 08/27/2020 and ending on 09/14/2020 ARE NOT included because the Service Start Date is 08/27/2020 which is outside the selected dates.
A Service Order INCLUDED in the search results:
A service order containing services from 09/04/2020 to 10/14/2020 WILL be included in this search because the Service Start Date is 09/04/2020 which is IN the selected dates.
Tip: When using the quick links in the report to access the Service Order or Client Record, use the "Back" button to return to this report.
Note: Bulk Invoicing is the only area where you can take payment at the time you create the invoice.
The Bulk Invoicing Report explained:
- Start: Service start date/First service on the Service Order. The date is also a link to the Service Order. Use it to check the details before creating and sending the invoice.
- End: Service end date/Last service on the Service Order.
- Due: Date the Invoice will be due, based on the current setting of Invoice Type.
- Client: Client Last Name, First Name. Click on the name to access the Client record.
- Ref: Schedule ref for client.
- Invoice Type: Service Order Invoice type. which determines the Invoice Due Date.
- Credit Card Image: If an "S" in a green box appears in this column, the client has a payment method on file. For these clients, you can take payment at the time of invoicing.
- Invoice Total: Total amount to be invoiced to the client.
- Tip: Amount client has added for Tip using Stripe. See Stripe Tip details here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article