Once you add services to a service order, you can create an invoice and email it to the client. An invoice is a bill you send a client so they can pay you for their services.
There are a few ways to do this, such as:
- From the service order, click "Send Quote/Invoice," then click "Create Invoice" in the left-side menu, complete the Invoice Settings in the pop-up window, click "Create Invoice."
- From the Orders & Invoices page, click the blue word "Quote," click "Create Invoice" in the left-side menu. Complete the Invoice Settings in the pop-up window, click "Create Invoice."
- From Bulk Invoicing. See How Do I Send Invoices to Multiple Clients?
Invoice & Email Settings
On the Create Invoice screen, use these options to control how your invoices are created:
- All Services: Generally, an invoice includes all services in a service order. For example, all September dog walks are on one service order, then they all go on one Invoice.
- Invoice Up To And Including: This selects services in a Service Order up to and including the date selected to put into an Invoice. For example, all September dog walks are on one service order, but you only want to invoice your client for September 1-15 now, and then invoice September 16-30 at the end of month. When you use this option you end up with more than one Invoice per Service Order.
Invoice Date (First Sent):
This auto fills to today's date, or select the date you first sent the invoice to the client. This date is displayed on the Unpaid Invoices Report to help with Accounts Receivable.
This date is auto-generated when you use Invoice Type, you can override it or select the date you want the invoice to be due. This date is displayed on the invoice screen and account summary as well as the client portal and the Unpaid Invoices report.
Automatic Payment Options:
Take Payment if Applicable:
The option to "Take Payment if Applicable" is visible if:
- you have "Enable Auto Billing" checked in Admin > Settings > Invoicing AND
- at least one of your client's Payment Credential is set to "Stripe" AND
- at least one of your clients has registered a valid payment card AND
- "Allow automatic payment" is checked on the client's Payment Methods in the Portal.
Note: If you check this box, the system will attempt to take payment from the client's card(s). If, for any reason, the card payment cannot be processed, e.g. there are insufficient funds in the account, then the invoice is created, but not emailed to the client. If the payment is processed, the client received the email and the Invoice is marked "Paid."
Send Email To Client:
Toggle ON to email the Invoice to the Main Contact Email Address in the client record.
Attach Account Summary PDF:
Toggle ON to email an Account Summary to the client with their invoice. The Account Summary shows all outstanding invoices (if applicable) and total balance due on the account.
Select the appropriate email template from the dropdown.
The default Email subject is "Invoice," or you can edit it. See Email Subject Settings.
The system will display the body of the email for the Email template selected. You can edit it - this will not affect the template itself.
- You can CC invoices to Spouse / Alternative Contact and Emergency Contact 1 IF you add an email address for the contacts and check "Copy Emails to this Address."
- A copy of each invoice is sent to your PSP admin mailbox if "Do Not CC Invoices to Company" in "Invoice Options" is UNchecked.
Tip: To resend an Invoice to the client, for example if they misplaced the original email or if you want to send a payment reminder, see How Do I Resend an Invoice to a Client?
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article