TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: How do I Add a new Client Type?
- Step 2: How do I add the new Client Type to the Client's Account?
- Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
In this step, you will learn how to...
- Add a Client Type
- Apply a Client Type
For Further Help:
Note: Before you can create Client Types, you need to have completed the tutorial section Tutorial 4-3: Add Invoice Types.
Your Pet Sitter Plus software will come pre-configured with one or two client types for you to use during your training. This is an optional feature of the software that may be of benefit to your business. If not, you can skip this section and go onto Tutorial: 5-1 Add Pet records.
We will look at how you add a new client type to the software, and then how to apply it to a client account.
In your pet business you might want to group your clients in different ways:
- perhaps you need to identify clients who belong to different groups for marketing purposes or
- perhaps you need to charge groups of clients different amounts for the same service.
For example, in Tutorial 2-2 Add Price Rules we used client types to apply a 10% discount to the fish feeding service for clients where this client type had been set on their account.
Navigation: Admin > Services > Client Types
Step 1: How do I Add a new Client Type?
Scenario: Tammy offers a discount for clients who book 5 dog walks per week, so to save time adjusting charges manually, she wants to automate her pricing.
In order to automatically apply this price reduction to a client's invoice, we use a "client type" to tell Pet Sitter Plus to reduce the price for any client who has the client type of "5 days a week".
1. Click "+New" from the sub menu on the left.
2. Type the name for the new payment type "5 days a week"
3. Click "Create Client Type"
Navigation: Clients > Click on the client name to access their account > Client Admin > Settings
Step 2: How do I add the new Client Type to the Client's Account?
Scenario: Tammy's client, Linda Macauley, will need to have this client type as her dog Sammy will be having a daily dog walk.
1. From Linda's client record, click "Client Admin > Settings" from the sub menu on the left.
2. Choose "5 days a week" from the dropdown by "Client Type" and then click "Update" to save.
Now, the next time Linda is sent an invoice, she will be charged the reduced rate for her dog walks. We will raise an invoice for Linda in Tutorial: 8-2 Send a Quote.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article